5.1 Area of Authority (Motion 94-41)
The Advocacy Committee will:
· work within the current policies of the Association;
· direct development of the profile of the Association to the membership, all levels of government, and other organizations;
· report to the board through the Chair or their designate
5.2 Summary of Responsibilities (Motion 94-41)
The Advocacy Committee will develop policies for:
· monitoring government legislation and developing policies for response;
· updating membership on advocacy programs and legislation
· review of all informational and marketing material, including the logo, and methods of keeping the material updated;
· directing the development of the advocacy program.
5.3 Committee Membership (Motion 94-41)
The Advocacy Committee will be chaired by the Vice President -Advocacy and may be comprised of up to three members.
5.4 Meetings (Motion 94-41)
The Advocacy Committee will meet as the Chair calls meetings.
5.5 Authority of the President to speak on behalf of BCLTA (Motion 92-13)
The Board empowers the President to formulate and make public a position, on behalf of the BCL T A, in response to time-critical issues which arise between meetings of the full board. All board members will be notified as soon as can be reasonable expected, preferably by fax.